RARA-AVIS: T. Jefferson Parker

From: Larson, Craig ( Craig.Larson@tsjc.cccoes.edu)
Date: 20 Feb 2002

I tried to read _Laguna Heat_ when it came out, but it didn't hold my interest. It was turned into a pretty effective movie (HBO?). But I did read and really enjoyed _Silent Joe_, although with the talk of how Parker may have ripped-off _The Poet_ to some extent, it reminded me that _Joe_ had an awful lot in common with Jonathan Lethem's
_Motherless Brooklyn_, and he even thanks Lethem for the inspiration.

George Pelecanos' _Hell to Pay_ just showed up in today's mail--I know what I'll be reading tonight!

Craig Larson Trinidad, CO