Re: RARA-AVIS: Denton's BLACKBURN

From: Ron Clinton ( clinton65@att.net)
Date: 20 Feb 2002

miker wrote:
> back a while ago when the serial killer theme was getting
> some list time, george pelecanos recommended _blackburn_
> and i read it. i loved it. if you are in a rut and growing tired of the
same ole tough
> guys with a tarnished past and haunted by the memory of a
> woman, try _blackburn_ for a breath of fresh air.

Absolutely agreed; it's a fabulous book and one I couldn't recommend more highly. A note of interest: Subterranean Press (www.subterraneanpress.com) just published a chapbook of one of the "lost killings" from this book. Retails for $12, I think. Likely signed/numbered as well. I haven't picked it up *yet*, so can't say much more about it...but I suspect it's worth every penny.

Ron Clinton