Re: RARA-AVIS: Philadelphia follow-up

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 20 Feb 2002

Kevin V Smith wrote:

> that's the exact omnibus i just picked up to reread "rogue cop!"!
looks
> like "seven file" just moved near the top of my TBR pile...thanks for
> identifying the city, i did wonder whether it was based on an actual
place
> or not. really enjoyed "rogue cop", particularly the kind of
relentless
> grinding pace - i think mike carmody got maybe 4 hours sleep the whole
time.
> maybe a bit more "romantic" (at the end anyway) than "fast one",
another
> book with a lot of backroom corruption which IIRC has a similar pace.
made
> me think way back to "the glass key" as well somehow.

If you haven't read them yet, I would also recommend "The Big Heat" &
"Odds Against Tomorrow". "The Big Heat" was, of course made into a terrific film by Fritz Lang with Glen Ford & Lee Marvin, "Odds" was filmed also, starring Robert Ryan & Harry Belafonte, IIRC, directed by Robert Wise & also worth a look.

Rene (who could handle a bit of snow at the moment)