RARA-AVIS: Gore Vidal/Edgar Box

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@home.com)
Date: 19 Feb 2002

> Rene Ribic < rribic@optusnet.com.au> asked about the McGuffin list, when I
> told him he's a natural for it:
>
> "MacGuffinResearch -- MacGuffinResearch is a low volume discussion list
for
> questions relating to the history and criticism of mystery, detective,
and
> crime fiction -- a forum for readers, collectors, and scholars to post
> questions and discuss projects.
>
> "People can subscribe at http://www.macguffin.info (the homepage)"

  In fact, it's so low volume, I haven't had anything from it in a week.
      Mostly everything's over my head because I don't know any part of the
 field that deeply or in much detail. They straighten out original
 publication dates, find duplicate titles for the same book, etc.--a lot of
 the same things you discuss.

  Joy