Re: RARA-AVIS: dissing vachss

From: WordRunner@aol.com
Date: 19 Feb 2002

In a message dated 2/19/02 10:33:25 AM, bleekerbooks@hotmail.com writes:

<< From: "Michael Robison" < zspider@gte.net>
>i believe it was bad company (joe dirt music) who sang, "i'm a loner but
>i'm
>never alone." ;-)

Sorry, Miker. It was Foreigner, "Dirty White Boys". "Every night I get one step closer to the danger zone!" >>

Hi Miker,

    You may have been wrong about the song quote, but you were bang on about Vachss. Whenever I see a post complaining about John D. McDonald's
"preachyness," I have an urge to point the offended party toward AV. With JDM I never had the feeling that his politics got in the way of his characters or his stories, but I can't say the same for Andrew. His work has been devoured by his messages.

                                        Jim Blue