RARA-AVIS: Travis McGee

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 16 Feb 2002

Okay, I guess I'm just question-boy this week. (I'm going through some old books of mine and some from my wife's grandmother's estate, so it leads me to this type of train of thought, I guess.)

I went online today to get a list of the McGee books to see which ones I don't have. (DARKER THAN AMBER and THE TURQUOISE LAMENT, if anyone cares.) Anyway, the following four books were also listed on this site, which seems to be the site of a fan/collector, and perhaps not terribly authoritative:

THE LAST ONE LEFT THREE FOR MCGEE (OMNIBUS) MCGEE (OMNIBUS) THE BEST OF TRAVIS MCGEE

Does anyone know anything about these? The last three, I assume, are simply reprints of other works in the series, but maybe I'm wrong. JDM never did any McGee shorts that I know of, but that doesn't mean he didn't. The first title is probably a non-McGee novel by JDM, catagorized incorrectly. But again, I'm making that assumption based on title; I've never seen the book.

Anyone know these books?

I guess I ought to add one more question: aside from the four listed about, the site lists 21 McGee books. Does anyone have any reason to disagree with that number?

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/