Re: RARA-AVIS: The Executioner & the "Men's Action" Sub-Genre

From: a.n.smith (
Date: 14 Feb 2002

> I'd say that comic books today do a pretty good job of siphoning off the
> adults as well. I get my particular fix in this genre from Garth Ennis'
> on The Punisher and Nick Fury; and Howard Chaykin's slightly less over the
> top American Century.

How about Brian Michael Bendis? His JINX and CATFISH were great noir comics. He's got to have a novel in him somewhere (if he'll just quit writing about Spider Man.) He also took over DAREDEVIL and took it back to a more Miller-esque crime story style.

Greg Rucka is doing comics, too. DETECTIVE and a few others, I think.

Neil Smith