Re: RARA-AVIS: Mike Avallone's Satan Sleuth

From: James Reasoner ( james53@flash.net)
Date: 13 Feb 2002

I've read at least one book in the Satan Sleuth series and remember it as being typical Avallone. Which means I enjoyed it but found it pretty goofy.

Someone mentioned the Butcher series. Avallone wrote the last nine of these, #27-35. What I find interesting about the series is that the others were written by Lee Floren, who is best known as a Western writer. I think the Butcher may be Floren's only men's adventure credit. (I own a few of the ones by Floren but haven't read them.)

James Reasoner

----- Original Message ----- From: "Rene Ribic" < rribic@optusnet.com.au> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Wednesday, February 13, 2002 3:24 PM Subject: RARA-AVIS: Mike Avallone's Satan Sleuth