Re: RARA-AVIS: los angeles book stores ??

From: Ray Skirsky ( rskirsky@qualcomm.com)
Date: 13 Feb 2002

At 06:06 AM 2/13/2002 -0800, Michael Robison wrote:
>hello,
>
>anybody know of any good beaches in san diego?

The prettiest beach is Torrey Pines, just south of Del Mar. The trendiest beach is Mission Beach, with Pacific Beach just to the north running second. If you want to people watch, head for the MB-PB boardwalk. More surfers in PB, especially as you go north.

Ocean Beach is where the counter-culture, such as it is in San Diego, mixes with the surfers.

There's some very nice hard-rock shoreline in La Jolla cove, with sandy beaches at La Jolla shores. Tidal pools and rocky shore south of Ocean Beach on Point Loma.

There's supposedly good beaches on Coronado, but I don't get over there much. The Coronado--Imperial Beach causeway has sandy beaches with the ocean on one side, and the bay on the other.

I don't know much about the north county. The far south beaches are polluted by runoff from Tiajuana.

> how about any
>good bars in tijuana?

There are no good bars in TJ. But if you want the experience, just go down to Avenida Revolucion and take your pick.

Ray