Re: RARA-AVIS: Chandler's passport

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 13 Feb 2002

> Didn't he grow up in Canada? I at least thought he was in the
Canadian
> military for a while, or did I imagine that?
>
> Carrie

I can't put my hands on my copy of Frank MacShane's " The Life of Raymond Chandler" (title?) at present & it's been a long time since I've read it but IIRC Chandler was born in the US, educated at least partly in the UK & spent some time in Canada in between. I'm sure Kevin or any number of others on the list have the full facts at their disposal.

Rene