Re: RARA-AVIS: The Destroyer

From: Scott Owen ( scottaowen@hotmail.com)
Date: 13 Feb 2002

Actually, the first Destroyer was written in the early '60s and languished unpublished for many years. It was conventional action/adventure stuff spiced with martial arts. Sapir & Murphy took advantage of the '70s action series boom to sell the yellowing manuscript. They followed up with another conventional windpip crusher. Realizing that they were probably heading to oblivion, they changed course with #3, intorducing the satire and all the wacky elements that made the Destroyer the thinking man's action series.

The rest is history.

--Scott