Re: RARA-AVIS: jim's hb/noir definitions

From: William Denton ( buff@pobox.com)
Date: 13 Feb 2002

Jim Doherty said:

: Hardboiled is attitude. Noir is atmosphere. That which is tough and
: colloquial, whatever the ending, is hardboiled. That which is dark and
: sinister, whatever the ending, is noir. That which is tough and
: colloquial and dark and sinister, whatever the ending, is both
: hardboiled and noir.

I think we should adopt this as our definition of these terms until something better comes along, if ever.

Bill