RARA-AVIS: Ross Thomas - Social Realist

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 13 Feb 2002

Oh boy. I've just been watching some international news on the TV & there is a report about some footage that deranged Zimbabwean strong man, Robert Mugabe, has released to the world media showing, allegedly, the main opposition politician plotting Mugabe's assassination with a firm of political consultants in Canada. This is STRAIGHT out of a Ross Thomas novel, I swear to Zeus. The "consultants" all chuckling over the question of whether "coffins are good for elections". Thomas must have known some of these very guys.

Rene