RARA-AVIS: David Dodge

From: McHale, Steve ( SMcHale@filenet.com)
Date: 12 Feb 2002

Congrats on finding that David Dodge - they are hard to find. Unfortunately, I don't know that book, but I can tell you this: I have seven of his books and I never heard of Bullets for the Bridegroom. You scored.

He's one of the better writers - sometimes HB, sometimes medium boiled. His settings are sometimes in foreign locations. The Lights of Skarro was set in Yugoslavia - it was about a couple of journalists trying to escape the country after facing bogus charges. The Long Escape is about an insurance investigator who goes to South America (or maybe Mexico) to investigate the death of an insured patriarch. He runs into all kinds of family resistance.