RARA-AVIS: MacKinlay Kantor

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 11 Feb 2002

Seeing Jim Doherty's post reminds me that he was on the panel at Bouchercon on which John Apostolou discussed MacKinlay Kantor. John mentioned a book called Signal Thirty-Two, and I believe Jim chimed in with some heavy praise.
 So naturally I had to read it. It's a cop novel. Not exactly a procedural, and certainly hardboiled in places. Read the first chapter, which could have been written ten minutes ago instead of more than fifty years ago, and you'll see what I mean.

Bill Crider