RARA-AVIS: Jason Starr/HARD FEELINGS

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 11 Feb 2002

so I just finished breezing thru my complimentary copy of Jason Starr's newest, HARD FEELINGS. my definition of noir has always been embodied in James M. Cain's POSTMAN and DOUBLE INDEMNITY. basically, you're fucked coming into this world and you're fucked going out. anything you do in between is just marking time. Hard Feelings embodies this ethos as much as any book I've read in recent memory. Starr's publisher made a smart move giving away a few copies of this book because I'll definitely be looking for his other work as soon as the room stops spinning.

John Lau