Re: RARA-AVIS: philadelphia

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@home.com)
Date: 07 Feb 2002

One of them had a lot of action under I-95,* an area I know well in Philly; another one ranges all the way into Selinsgrove and the sticks beyond. I don't recall May and June; he told me he lost his publisher and was working on a true crime book, so maybe he got a publisher for his fiction. I'll have to check as soon as I make more TBR space. Each book had an odd romantic-sexual encounter, which began to seem a tad creepy by April.
    There are certainly lots of noir possibilities in Philly, but the only other mysteries I can think of offhand are a lawyer series and a cozy series, plus a couple of cozies in the burbs, not counting Trenton!

Joy, who wrote a mystery set in Philly but it's much paler than noir

*It's elevated through much of Philly, especially "the Neighborhoods"
----- Original Message ----- From: "M Blumenthal" < blumenidiot@21stcentury.net> To: < rara-avis@icomm.ca> Sent: Thursday, February 07, 2002 7:38 PM Subject: Re: RARA-AVIS: philadelphia

> Joy Matkowski:
>

> > Neil Albert had a series with months in the titles, such as _Cruel
April,_