RARA-AVIS: Re: Pop-ups & cookie blockers, IIRC

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 07 Feb 2002

> You will be pleased to discover that those annoying pop-ups are easily
> dealt with. There are several free 'pop-up stoppers' available on the
> internet.
> Currently, I am using the free one from Panicware (at the bottom of
the
> page if you click on this link):
>
> http://www.popupstopper.net/product_dpps.html
>
> Here's to peaceful surfing!
>
> ED

I use one already, Guidescope, which I've found to be excellent but it can't seem to cope with these particular uber-popups. Also, IIRC (yes, I also had problems with that one but finally worked it out from context it was used so much here.It's indispensable for memories like mine) one of the sites you can't see the scans if you have a cookie block on.

Rene.