Re: RARA-AVIS: Ellroy versus Cave. and Ross MacDonald

From: Joy Matkowski ( jmatkowski1@home.com)
Date: 04 Feb 2002

Mark Sullivan < DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net> said:
.> Bringing it back on topic, didn't Warren Zevon and Ross Macdonald
> actually get to know each other? I seem to remember Zevon talking about
> it in an interview around the time Excitable Boy came out. Or was it
> Excitable Boy that led to his meeting Macdonald? Isn't there a
> Macdonald quote on the inner sleeve of that album?

Is that the hard-boiled Ross MacDonald? I was under the impression that he had Alzheimer's for the last couple of decades of his life, which was why he didn't write anything and why Margaret Millar didn't write either.

Joy with noir tales of noir writers