Re: RARA-AVIS: Serial Hardboiled?

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 02 Feb 2002

> Last year, Blue Murder Magazine serialized a fine hardboiled novella
> called "To The Devil My Regards" by Neil Smith and one of the other
crimedogs
> at Plots With Guns

Thanks, Jim. That other Crimedog was Victor Gischler, author of GUN MONKEYS. However, that novella is no longer available (due to the Blue Murder meltdown) and wasn't seen by too many people when it was. We're currently trying to find a new home for it as a single piece instead of a serial.

At Plots With Guns (www.plotswithguns.com), we recently ran a 4-part serial from Fred Zackel called "Dark Red and Deadly." Really good edge of your seat HB/Noir. It's in our archives on the site.

>Coffee Cup Press, the e-book imprint of Hand-Held Crime serialized
> my new novel, "A Favor For Zodiac."

This was a good piece of work. I recommend it.

Also, Hugh Lessig's River City Blade site is interesting because he constantly posts news stories about a series character (or 2, actually), but the stories aren't a serial. The site, however, reminds one of the old pulps based around one character, something like that.

And Hugh publishes stories all over the web, too. Great writing.

Neil Smith www.plotswithguns.com