Re: RARA-AVIS: Serial Hardboiled?

Date: 02 Feb 2002

In a message dated 2/2/02 4:17:18 AM, writes:

<< if anyone knew about any stories told serially in the hardboiled/noir genre. From what I understand a lot of the pulp comics/magazines (40s era) were done this way, but are there others? >>

    Hi Oliver,
        Last year, Blue Murder Magazine serialized a fine hardboiled novella called "To The Devil My Regards" by Neil Smith and one of the other crimedogs at Plots With Guns, and the terrific Aussie hardboiled mag, Crime Factory has an outstanding serialized strip called "Juicer" on their site. Very recently, Coffee Cup Press, the e-book imprint of Hand-Held Crime serialized my new novel, "A Favor For Zodiac." I'm sure there are many other examples in print and around the net, but those are the ones that come to mind for me at the moment.

                                        Jim Blue