Re: RARA-AVIS: Jakubowski ASnthology

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 01 Feb 2002

Rene wrote;

"An ad screened locally a little while ago featured a skinny, morose looking kid, dressed all in black, looking sorta punk/gothic, circa 1981, looking at these running shoes, & he keeps saying "have you got anything in black?" & in the final shot he's dubiously studying a black running shoe & says "Have you got anything blacker?" That's how I feel about crime fiction."

That's beautiful, both the ad and using it as a metaphor for crime fiction. That's how I feel, too, the darker the better. As a matter of fact, that wouldn't be a bad title for an anthology.

Mark