RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Get Character, I mean Carter...

From: Anderson, Erick (Adecco ETW) ( Erick.Anderson@nike.com)
Date: 30 Jan 2002

You are correct, but...Let me clarify: I can sympathize with a character and his wants, desires, motivations and actions no matter how heinous, distasteful, unlawful or otherwise unpalatable they may be, but give me something to sink my teeth into. Not to veer too far from the print medium, but Anthony Hopkins' Hannibal Lecter was far more sympathetic than Sylvester Stallone's Get Carter character, as an example. I'd much rather cast my lot with Kevin Spacey/John Doe (Se7en) as unwholesome as it was, than to sit still for Stallone/Carter. There's vile and then there's vile.

Best Regards, Erick