RARA-AVIS: david goodis

From: Robison Michael R CNIN ( Robison_M@crane.navy.mil)
Date: 25 Jan 2002

hi everybody,

i am putting together a new book order and was looking for some input. as i've mentioned before, i'm a newbie to the hardboiled genre, so just to see how i was doing, i went to the miskatonic site and checked out the short list of authors. looks like i've read, block, ellroy, jd macdonald, thompson, hammett, and willeford from the list. i've barely scratched the surface.

i've got a habit of starting on an author that i like and pretty much working my way thru his works, but i think that with this order i'd like to try some new authors.

anyway, i found david goodis on the list, and amazon lists
_of tender sin_, _shoot the piano player_, and _the blonde on the street corner_. are any of these good? which of these three would you recommend as the best?

and thanks to all who gave me some other places to look. i found charles williams's _river girl_ on one of the sites. i'll probably get what i can at amazon and then branch to the other sites for the harder-to-get novels.

thank you, miker