Re: RARA-AVIS: Charles Williams, again

From: Rene Ribic ( rribic@optusnet.com.au)
Date: 23 Jan 2002

Just unpacked the books I picked up on scrounging expeditions to 2nd hand bookshops & charity shops (known here as "op shops", op short for opportunity) I conducted while visiting the in-laws over Xmas.Part of the loot consisted of 2 Williams books I hadn't heard of before, both later books I think - "And the Deep Blue Sea" & "Don't Just Stand There". Does anyone know either of these 2 books & what do they think of them?I also have a UK paperback titled "Line of Fire" by Donald Hamilton (although the spine says the author is Mark Corrigan, a British or Australian author who set his in Australia & who may have been a hardboiled author judging from the artwork used to package his work. Of course, this means nowt because paperback publishers at the time packaged almost all crime/mystery stuff as hardboiled at the - babes, guns, etc).Does anyone know the Hamilton book also? Rene.