RARA-AVIS: Charles Williams

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 23 Jan 2002

well, bummer. the only thing i could find on THAT charles williams was an audio cassette of _the big bite_, which at $42, is too steep for me. amazon is weird. you can't trust just typing in the author's name... sometimes you gotta type in a specific title to get a go. i looked for _a touch of death_, _hell hath no fury_, and _river girl_, too. i was kinda surprised... usually amazon is a good source for used books.

i wish i had a good used bookstore nearby. i went to one the other day and figured i'd clean em out on jd mcdonald, and i almost did. i bought the _gold_ book. aside from a nonfiction he wrote about some murder in new jersey, that was the only jdm they had. i kept walking around with a smile on my face thinking that soon i would find a whole bookshelf of him. bottom line: the bookstore didn't have vintage anything... the _gold_ book was a recent reprint. another bad omen: the library didn't have anything by willeford.

miker