RARA-AVIS: Parker, the series

From: abc@wt.net
Date: 23 Jan 2002

Someone sent me this information from Daily Variety, January 15:

"The Parker novel series, which Westlake wrote under the pen name Richard Stark, has been acquired for series treatment by FX net entertaimnet prexy Kevin Reilly...."

The article goes on to say that the script for the pilot show was written by Alexander Ignon, "who adapted the Weslake novel The Green Eagle Score...."
 (I didn't know that The Green Eagle Score had been filmed. But back to the article.) "Westlake...liked Ignon's work and blessed the series. It'll be an original caper for Parker and will be written in the vein of The Sopranos and Heat, with the idea that a massive heist will be perpetrated over the course of a season, the setup building over episodes until the actual crime is perpetrated."

Bill Crider