RARA-AVIS: godwulf manuscript

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 22 Jan 2002

hi everybody!

just finished parker's _godwulf manuscript_. that didn't take long! haha. its less than 200 pages. it didn't have any deep underlying meaning that i saw but it was a great story and i liked it. i'm going to try and get the next five or six he wrote, and then after those decide if i want to continue.

and hey! the manuscript book did have a pretty upbeat ending. nobody died in it that wasn't guilty. so that shoots my theory about hardboiled endings being only minimally upbeat. live and read and learn.

for now i'm moving on to james lee burke's _black cherry blues_. the cover says it won an edgar so i figure its gotta be good. a long time ago i read _morning for flamingos_ and i don't exactly recall the story but i remember it didn't excite me enough at the time i read it to make me want to read more of him.

miker