RARA-AVIS: Pelecanos on CBS/straw dogs

From: JOHN & CATHIE CELESTRI ( ccpub@worldnet.att.net)
Date: 21 Jan 2002

George,

Your comment about filmmakers having a point of view struck a cord with me. I've been an animator for the past twenty-seven years, and of all the projects I was or (almost was) associated with, the one that I REALLY wished had gotten off the ground was the animated version of Will Eisner's THE SPIRIT. The property was in development for almost three years (1982-1984), but then got shelved forever (you know how that goes). It could have been the first hardboiled animated feature.

John Celestri