Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V4 #28

From: Cristoforo ( Cristoforo@mediaone.net)
Date: 21 Jan 2002

> Marianne mentioned Sexy Beast and Limey. I seem to be in the minority,
> but I wasn't that impressed with Sexy Beast. Sure, Ben Kingsley gave
> quite a performance, but it completely overpowered the movie, bulldozing
> all other actors, the plot, the location, everything.

Kingsley got all the attention with his splashy turn, but Ray Winstone, the lead, was fantastic.

Limey was fun too. Curiously, both very thin story lines. In Sexy Beast, Kingsley recruits fellow crook for burglary back in Britain. In Limey, man travels Atlantic to avenge the death of his daughter. In both cases, I dare say, the same stories could have been told adequately in twenty minute shorts.

Brad