Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V4 #28

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 21 Jan 2002

Marianne mentioned Sexy Beast and Limey. I seem to be in the minority, but I wasn't that impressed with Sexy Beast. Sure, Ben Kingsley gave quite a performance, but it completely overpowered the movie, bulldozing all other actors, the plot, the location, everything. I realize that was part of the point, but I thought the movie became topheavy when it lost all dynamics. In addition, I know Kingsley's trip to recruit the guy was just an excuse to see Jackie, but the job that needed doing could have been a little more skilled than holding a jackhammer against a wall. Anyone could do that.

I did like Limey, though.

Mark