RARA-AVIS: Re: survey

From: marianne.macdonald@lineone.net
Date: 19 Jan 2002

I'm an a/b too, but cautiously. I think the question's unanswerable because there are crime novels and crime novels. Are we focussing on first-person or third? Traditional/hb or procedurals? "Murder mystery" or thriller? For me, all this interacts with the things you want to avoid - plot and so forth. That said, option c would require some pretty careful construction.

By the way, I keep meaning to thank you for giving me a copy of Outcast when we met in Toronto. I read it recently - very interesting, enjoyed the character of your protagonist especially. And - err - I have a frivolous mind: any significance that I should read into the foot problem?

Marianne