Re: RARA-AVIS: Hannibal/Red Dragon

From: Anthony Dauer ( editor@adau.net)
Date: 16 Jan 2002

From: Carrie Pruett Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2002 02:26:44

> speaking of Harris adaptations, I just read some weird
> thing about "Red Dragon" being made with Ralph Fiennes
> in the "title role" and Anthony Hopkins in a supporting
> role - I never read the book, but does this mean Hopkins
> is playing Lecter? I don't remember what director was
> listed, but it wasn't Demme or Scott.

Came out as "Manhunter" ... no Anthony Hopikins and directed by Michael Mann. Thought to be better than Silent of the Lambs by some.

AD

* * * * *

Manhunter (1986) Directed by Michael Mann Writing credits Thomas Harris (novel) Michael Mann

Tagline: Hannibal Lecter's legacy of evil begins here.

Cast overview, first billed only: William L. Petersen .... FBI Agent Will Graham Kim Greist .... Molly Graham Joan Allen .... Reba Brian Cox .... Dr. Hannibal Lektor Dennis Farina .... FBI Section Chief Jack Crawford Stephen Lang .... Freddie Lounds Tom Noonan .... Francis Dollarhyde David Seaman (I) .... Kevin Graham Benjamin Hendrickson .... Dr. Chilton Michael Talbott .... Geehan Dan Butler .... Jimmy Price Michele Shay .... Beverly Katz Robin Moseley .... Sarah Paul Perri (I) .... Dr. Sidney Bloom Patricia Charbonneau .... Mrs. Sherman

Also Known As: Red Dragon (1986) (USA: original script title) Red Dragon: The Pursuit of Hannibal Lecter (1986) Runtime: 119 / USA:124 (director's cut)

Anthony Dauer
Editor

Judas ... a stretch of the mean streets on the web.