Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: To Have and Have Not

From: BaxDeal@aol.com
Date: 16 Jan 2002

In a message dated 1/16/02 5:04:49 AM, kvnsmith@thrillingdetective.com writes:

<< Beyond the obvious choice of THE MALTESE FALCON, what are some of the most faithful adaptations of hard-boiled novels into films? And what are some of the least faithful? >>

The movie Oliver Stone made from John Ridley's STRAY DOGS is so faithful to the book, that after seeing the former, I had to put the latter down to let it fade from my memory somewhat, because there was absolutely no surprise for me. I still haven't picked it back up.

John Lau