Re: RARA-AVIS: historical HB

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 12 Jan 2002

Unless I missed a post, I haven't seen a mention of Robert Skinner's historical HB series about Wesley Farrell, a nightclub owner and accidental detective from New Orleans. The books offer an in-depth and dark view of New Orleans in the 30s and 40s. He plans to keep the action moving forward through WW2, too, which will be really interesting.

And Gary Philips has a non-crime book (at least, I think it's non-crime) that should be out this or next year concerning WW2.

Best, Neil Smith www.plotswithguns.com