Re: RARA-AVIS: Admin: list now five years old!

From: Kerry ( gsp.schoo@skylinc.net)
Date: 11 Jan 2002

At 10:43 PM 1/10/02 -0500, you wrote:
>On Monday RARA-AVIS celebrated its fifth birthday. I announced it on 7
>January 1997, which seems like quite a long time ago. Mr. Duggan (who
>suggested the name) and Mr. Borgers were two of the first three people to
>join; the third isn't here any more.

I suppose you want congratulations. You should know my universe was very nearly organized when I discovered RARA-AVIS. Now my bedside table moans with the weight of unread books. Larger piles lean against my favourite chair. I should be strolling Florida sands and watching Golden Girls re-runs. Instead, I'm in hotel conference rooms with people who feign friendly interest and slyly recommend yet more titles. They're all about the random violence of life. When the reaper comes, I'll insist she wait until I've finished the chapter.

Kerry

------------------------------------------------------ Literary events Calendar (South Ont.) http://www.lit-electric.com The evil men do lives after them http://www.murderoutthere.com