Re: RARA-AVIS: True Detective

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 11 Jan 2002

Erick wrote:

"Collins' early novels, including the one George mentions, True Detective, and the follow-ups, True Crime, The Million Dollar Wound, and
. . ."

Not commenting on the quality of these books (I've only read the first which was good, but I'm not much of a fan of historicals), I'm surprised to see them called his "early novels." Collins had written at least 10-15 novels before starting his Nate Heller series. Heller was his fourth series (of novels, not counting his comics work with Ms Tree, Dick Tracy, etc), following professional thief Nolan, professional hitman Quarry and mystery writer Mallory.

Mark