Re: RARA-AVIS: Historical crime writers

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 10 Jan 2002

--- M Blumenthal < blumenidiot@21stcentury.net> wrote:
> Troy Soos; is supposedly a member of SABR(Society of
> Applied Baseball
> Research) and is writing a series of baseball
> historicals set in the 1920's.
> The
> first was Murder at Fenway Park. Someone I asked
> said, "Not really
> hardboiled, but close.-- There is some Hammett in
> the pedigree."

I appreciate this and the other suggestions that have come up today. I'm sorry I posed the question the way I did, though, because I did not realize at the time that I had received the Call For Papers via Rara-Avis in the first place. I get so many of the darn things that the "CFP" in the subject line was the only part of it I noticed.

> Talking about sports, it just occurred to me to ask
> you if one of your
> coaches ever asked your team to win one for the G
> Upper?

And I thought I'd heard them all...

In grammar school, my best friend lived across the street from me. His name was Eddie Downs. Don't think we didn't hear about it.

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/