RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Historical crime writers

From: Anderson, Erick (Adecco ETW) ( Erick.Anderson@nike.com)
Date: 10 Jan 2002

Not to put too fine a point on it, but I don't think any serious list of historical crime/detective fiction authors would be complete without Max Allan Collins. It can be reasonably argued, I think, that Kiminsky, Bergman, and -- to add to the list -- Robert Towne, and some others, all place their protagonist in an historical ambiance, whereas Collins character is reporting first-person, at the fact-based historical event. Definitely HB, as well. Best Regards, Erick