RARA-AVIS: Warren Murphy

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Jan 2002

I realized a couple of days ago that Warren Murphy is a member of an online writer's group to which I also belong. When I realized that, I emailed him a few questions based on some fairly recent rara-avis discussions. I thought that some of you might like to know the following:

There are a few Trace short stories around, including one in the recent anthology MYSTERY STREET. Murphy hasn't been writing much lately as he's gone through a divorce, but is now working on coming out of retirement. He says there may be another Trace novel or two in the future.

He also said, in response to a comment from me that I practically grew up reading him, Block, and Parker, that he would mention me to Lawrence Block when he sees him next month. Block was gracious enough to share a couple of paragraphs with me about the writing of EVERYBODY DIES for an article I did for the Gale Research Group, so he might even recognize my name. Pardon me as I giggle like a schoolgirl, but the thought of Warren Murphy and Lawrence Block discussing me at a meeting of the Adams Round Table group just tickles the hell out of me.

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/