Re: RARA-AVIS: quartets question

From: a.n.smith ( ansmith@netdoor.com)
Date: 07 Jan 2002

The DC Quartet:

Big Blowdown King Suckerman The Sweet Forever Shame the Devil
(all 4 are great)

The LA Quartet:

Black Dahlia Big Nowhere LA Confidential White Jazz (my favorite).

> I am almost done the third of the Pelecanos Nick Stefanos books (great
stuff) and was thinking next would be The Big Blowdown, but then somehow I saw something about a 'D.C. quartet' and wanted to get some clarification. Is The Big Blowdown part of this quartet? Either way, what are the books in the quartet and what is the order (if any). Also, what are the books in the Elroy LA quartet and what is the order (if any).