Re: RARA-AVIS: answers to big question

From: Anthony Dauer ( editor@adau.net)
Date: 01 Jan 2002

---------- Original Message ---------------------------------- From: "Forstater, Mathew" < ForstaterM@umkc.edu> Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2001 18:54:30 -0600

> I also picked up Eric Ambler's Coffin for Dimitrious, and
> that's pretty good too.

I enjoyed that one a while back under a previous cover. I've picked up Background to Danger at Borders recently and ordered Epitaph for a Spy and Passage of Arms (along with George P. Pelecanos's "Shoedog" which is also available in trade size and at a noncollectable price ... I saw a copy of "Shoedog" for $250 at Bourchercon for a used library bound edition) from Amazon.uk.co. Amazon.uk.co has more of Eric Ambler's books from the new releases and some older ones than those available in the US ... Epitaph for a Spy will release in the US according to Amazon.com on February 5. But ordering from Amazon.co.uk is as easy as ordering from Amazon.com, so there's not a lot of reason to wait if you like Ambler's work.

r/Anthony Dauer Alexandria, Virginia

Judas ... a stretch of the mean streets on the web
  http://www.adau.net/judas_ezine/