Re: RARA-AVIS: answers to big question-Dahlia

From: Mark Sullivan ( DJ-Anonyme@webtv.net)
Date: 30 Dec 2001

Mat wrote:

"I am looking for the Blue Dhalia, will try that out when I find that."

I'm guessing you mean Ellroy's Black Dahlia, not Chandler's script for Blue Dahlia?

This reminds me of a question I've been meaning to ask. I had always assumed that the movie (Blue) took its name from the real life murder
(Black), but I finally realized that they occurred in the opposite order. I know Elizabeth Short always wore black, but was her posthumous pseudonym a reference to the movie?

And it's been a while since I've seen the movie or read the script, was it ever explained what it had to do with a flower? Are both Dahlias referencing something else I don't know about?

Mark