RARA-AVIS: answers to big question

From: Forstater, Mathew ( ForstaterM@umkc.edu)
Date: 30 Dec 2001

since I asked about recommendations of more recent authors for someone who has read all of the 'classic' stuff, I thought I would let you know what I went ahead and did and what I thought.

I picked up the first Richard Stark, liked it a lot, and just went and picked up the second. i imagine I will breeze through the series.

I picked up the first of George Pelaconos' Nick Stefano trilogy and loved it. I just picked up the second one and imagine I will read anything and everything i can get my hands on by this author. (Thanks Mr. P!). Besides being great books Nick is also pretty much my generation, so all the musical refs etc are meaningful. I have also spent time in the D.C. area and environs.

I also picked up Eric Ambler's Coffin for Dimitrious, and that's pretty good too.

I am looking for the Blue Dhalia, will try that out when I find that.

Also picked up Who Killed Palomino Molero? by Mario Vargas Llosa. I'll let you know.

Thanks for all the suggestions. I'll probably get to the Lansdale, Rankin, Hiassen eventually.

Mat