Re: RARA-AVIS: one rankin, and pattison...

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 28 Dec 2001

hi stewart,

rankin as the scottish ellroy, eh? well i've read most of ellroy and i think he's pretty good. i read the recent thread that had some criticism of his style. my only complaint about his books was when they turned terribly, terribly complex, with a half-dozen subplots and a hundred characters.

glad to hear that _the black book_ is a good one.

miker

> I started reading Rankin well after THE BLACK BOOK had been published, but
> did read the series from the first book. I remember thinking that Rankin
> was good, but I couldn't see what the fuss was about. I recall hearing
Ellroy had