Re: RARA-AVIS: Femme Fatales

From: Graham Powell ( bleekerbooks@hotmail.com)
Date: 15 Dec 2001

I have never really understood the whole femme fatale thing. I mean, people have always had sex, so why is it that these women can get men to completely take leave of their sense, ignore their past lies and misdeeds, etc.? I know it's fiction, but these women must have represented something to men other than just plain sex. I'm not sure I have the answer. Maybe the allure of the dark side? One of my favorite moments in WHO IN HELL IS WANDA FUCA? by G. M. Ford was when the femme put the moves on Waterman, and he was like, "Uh, no thanks."

Graham
------------------ http://www.BleekerBooks.com Hardboiled and Noir