RARA-AVIS: scudder and nancy drew...

From: Michael Robison ( zspider@gte.net)
Date: 16 Dec 2001

nancy drew, eh? well i never read a one of them, but i paid my proper dues with the hardy boys. any of you others been down that street?

speaking of street, i'm half way thru willeford's _i was looking for a street_ and just began jdm's _dress her in indigo_. the only jdm i've read before this one is _deep blue goodbye_. i've learned to adopt the enduring smile for his sophmoric philosophic wanderings, because the guy just writes the most engrossing stories. suck you right in and spit you out at the end gasping for more.

so far in the willeford autobiography, i'm having a hard time liking him. sad, because his _burnt orange heresy_ is one of my all-time favorite hbs.

miker