RARA-AVIS: CONFIDENTIAL!: Denton after Pelecanos

From: Todd Mason ( Todd.Mason@tvguide.com)
Date: 12 Dec 2001

I had a copy of that one twenty years ago...boy, did Lait and Mortimer hate LaGuardia (Fiorello, not the airport to be named for him)...and, of course, one of the missteps of sorts Howard Browne took as editor of the newly slickened sf digest AMAZING in 1952 was publishing a spoofy "Mars Confidential!" attributed to L&M...

TM (who wonders if L&M had anything to do with CONFIDENTIAL magazine, the model for Ellroy's HUSH HUSH)

-----Original Message----- From: William Denton [mailto: buff@pobox.com]