Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Carroll John Daly and Satan Hall

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Dec 2001

--- Jess Nevins < jjnevins@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> I believe he began appearing in DFW in 1933.
>
> No, I'm wrong--this site (
> http://home.att.net/~pulpreprintindex/satanhall.html
> ) gives his first DFW
> appearance as 1932.

Jess--

What a great site. Thanks. I've found what I thought was a pre-cursor to Satan Hall in a Daly story from 1925 (one that has been "lost" until now) and I wanted to be sure Hall didn't pre-date my find. Obviously, it doesn't.

By the way, all, this is in reference to my paper on gender issues on Daly (what would Prof. Burns think about that topic, Bill Crider?). I'll post that paper online early next week for anyone who's interested.

G.

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/