RARA-AVIS: Re: Carroll John Daly and Satan Hall

From: George Upper ( gcupper3@yahoo.com)
Date: 08 Dec 2001

Does anyone have any idea when Daly first started publishing Satan Hall stories in DETECTIVE FICTION WEEKLY? I know he published DEATH'S JUGGLER in 1935, and I assume that this is a novelization of shorts from DF, so the stories would have to have appeared prior to that. (There was one "thrilling short novel," SATAN LAUGHED, in the 15 Dec. '34 DWF.)

Satan Hall only showed up in BLACK MASK twice that I know of, both in the late thirties.

Any ideas, anyone? This is for a paper.

Thanks,

G.

===== George C. Upper III, Editor The Lightning Bell Poetry Journal http://www.lightningbell.org/